I am continuously looking for ways to improve communications within our office. So much of what we do in the IT service industry revolves around interpreting a client’s need and meeting their expectations. Immediate and concise communications between co-workers can be a critical component, and possible asset, when servicing clients. Email was a valuable tool for a time. One-to-one messaging tools then became the preferred tool, but these were lacking. Recently, I set off to find “The One”. I wanted a single messaging application that included the following features:
- One-to-one and one-to-many communications
- Supported “threads” for organizing message content by department or subject matter
- Allowed for posting of documents or screen shots
- Was browser-based and also had an app for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
- Integrated with an assortment of applications.
I’m happy to say that I found “The One”!